last updated on 23/09/15
A dedicated, meticulous and resourceful professional with a career spanning over 25 years in the music and audio industry in various disciplines, from music composition, remixing and DJing to social network participation, forums, and keeping up to date with recording techniques as well as music and… Read more
• Task management (including multiple projects with tight deadlines) and interpretation of client/instructional design instructions to localise high quality e-Learning presentations that meet the desired specifications of high-profile brands, using several authoring tools by Adobe and Articulate.
• An understanding of e-Learning design standards such as user interaction, multimedia and graphic components, and intuitive navigation.
• The ability to solve technical or complex issues brought on by version compatibility and/or inherent software bugs within the aforementioned tools via graphic creation and manipulation methods when required.
• Voiceover recording, fast audio cleaning and editing skills, and a surgical approach to post-recording issues such as slurs, mispronunciations, and other unwanted vocal inflections, as well as an innovative approach to re-sync localised voiceovers to animation in almost any language with a 92% success rate, despite being a non-speaker to most languages but four.
• The packaging and configuration of e-Learning presentations prior to delivery, in accordance with the client's LMS specifications.
• An eye for detail, and excellent verbal and written communication in participation with colleagues, the project manager, and the client, driven by an instinct to identify and improve processes to help in the fulfilment of products.
2010: Recording artist, Batti Batti, Malta
• Released debut solo track ‘Gently Out Of Sight’ under the artist name Woody Aki on the BB04 EP together with various artists.
2005–2011: Copywriter, Pure Promotions, Malta
• Delivering original content, concept and execution of press releases and biographies for artists and events pertaining to Pure Promotions.
2006-2007: Administrator/Coordinator, DJS Trading, Malta
• Delivering administrative support in sales and marketing on installation, rental and sale of lighting, music instruments and sound systems for events, concerts, conferences etc.
• Liaising with the company’s delivery and installation teams to ensure the execution of tasks while tracking the overall project progress.
• Liaising with customers and third parties on matters of stock availability, repairs and bookings.
• Consultation and recommendation with customers to identify optimum solutions to their audio and visual needs via expert advice and demonstration of relevant equipment.
• Management and administration of the company’s showroom and music school.
2006: Project Coordinator/Logistics/Marketing,
Red Bull Music Academy recruitment seminar, Malta
• Responsible as Project Coordinator for the delivery of a suitable local adaptation of an international event targeted at musicians, within the parameters of Red Bull GmbH and their Maltese distributors Logic International.
• Providing a full programme of activities within the event itself, overseeing all logistics connected with foreign guest speakers and local lecturers, and the acquisition of audio/visual equipment via third parties needed to optimally ensure their needs whilst maintaining the high standards demanded by the organisers.
• Creating posters, press releases and various marketing concepts whilst liaising with connected third parties to ensure wide media exposure in the months leading to the event.
• Delivering and maintaining pre and post-event customer enquiries and consultation.
2004: Press Officer, Flyzone, St. James Cavalier, Malta
• Coordination and general management of press releases and event website, sourcing of general content, news, features and photography, and other activities related to the promotion of a joint German/Maltese multimedia installation.
2002–2005: Editor/Creative Director/Reviewer/Journalist
Dansezee music magazine, Malta
• Conception of features, direction of general content, proof reading and other editorial duties related to a monthly Maltese music magazine (written in English) with a circulation of approximately 5,000 on an island of 400,000 inhabitants.
• Sourcing of general content, news, features and photography.
• Liaising with freelance journalists and photographers, event organisers and advertisers to ensure that content is sent whilst deadlines are met.
• Album reviews and interviews with artistes of local and international standing.
1997–1999: Division Manager (Dance/Alternative/Indie/Jazz),
Virgin Megastore, Malta
• General running, sales assistance, maintenance, stocktaking and ordering duties within the Dance, Alternative, Indie and Jazz divisions within the Megastore.
Graphic Design certificate
English, Maltese, German and Art (Oxford and London),
Maltese (University Of Malta).
NI Traktor Pro
Izotope Nectar 2
Various VSTi & FX
DESKTOP PUBLISHING, GRAPHIC & OFFICE SOFTWARE
Articulate Storyline 2
Other Skills / Additional Information
• An encyclopaedic knowledge of the last 60 years of music over all genres, and more.
• Intermediate/expert knowledge of music instruments, particularly on bass guitars, DAWs/VST instruments and plugins, and electronic music hardware, garnered over 20+ years.
• 23 years of DJing in various locations across Europe, 28 years as a bass player with various bands.
Social media and marketing
• Active participation, discussion, knowledge sharing and discovery over networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus, etc.), forums (KVR, Gearslutz, etc), blogs (BPB, Create Digital Music, Matrixsynth, Synthopia, Sonic State, Rekkerd) and music streaming/purchasing sites (Soundcloud, Mixcloud, Juno Download, Bleep).
• Feature conception, journalism, interviews, direction of general content, proof reading and other editorial duties.
• Press releases for various DJs
• Conception and execution of e-Learning presentations for marketing and training purposes.
Excellent communication skills and writing style
• Three and a half years working for a music magazine as editor, journalist, strategist and conceptualist.