last updated on 24/01/17
I am a creative individual who strives for a career in music. As well as being an experienced singer/songwriter who written and performed a range of original/cover material, I also have a strong degree of experience in events management, gig/ album reviewing and teaching music. I enjoy developing m… Read more
‘Presenter/ Co-host’ at YDN Radio, May 2016- Present
• Co-host Tuesday shows called ‘All Jokes Aside’ with comedian Nick Pearmain.
• Discuss news, celebrity gossip, politics, sports, music.
• Have monthly specials, i.e. ‘Loose Women with YDN Female Panel’/ ‘Do you believe in the
supernatural?’ (Featuring a Physic, Believers/non-believers etc.)
• Launched show called ‘MusicZone’ where the music industry is debated, discussed and upcoming
artists/bands are featured, interviewed and promoted.
• Research weekly topics to discuss and debate.
• Research artists/dj’s/managers etc that would be interested on appearing in show.
• Writing up marketing plans for ‘All Jokes Aside’ and ‘MusicZone’.
• Attend monthly meetings to discuss the show (anything from concerns, schedules, ideas for specials
• In the process of collaborating with indie radio stations in the US and working with them on joint
‘James Bond’ NYE gig/ ‘Vintage Jazz Night’ / ‘Raise for Pakistan’ Charity/ Nepal Earthquake Fundraising- (regular monthly work via promoters) Nov 2015- Present
• Perform at high end venues in King’s Cross, Bank and Mayfair (Bar/Restaurants)
• Perform a repertoire of Jazz/Swing/Big Band music with cover/function band- (40+ songs, 2/3 hrs)
• Regular function band gigs singing Rock/Pop/Soul in pubs/clubs/private parties/weddings.
• Headlined for ‘Raise for Pakistan’ Charity and raised hundreds of pounds for a school in Pakistan.
• Performed at the Nepal Earthquake Fundraising event where food and drink sales/ tickets raised funds
for the earthquake victims
‘Street Dance Teacher’
St Edward’s Primary School (P-zazz)
Jan 2015- Present
• Teach Street Dance routines to a range of music.
• Start with a range of body warm up exercises and dance games to engage children.
• Teach children that dancing is also about acting and embodying the character of the music. Therefore I also include drama games/ warm ups in my classes.
• Prepare the children for solo projects/ end of term performances.
Oct 2014- Present day
• Give private one on one vocal lessons at BGM studios to a wide range of students from all ages and levels.
• Focus on learning basic singing principles including breathing and vocal skills, breath control, warm up exercises used to strengthen diaphragm, vocal blending, confidence and performance techniques).
• As well as assisting students vocally, help them practically with songwriting, music business understanding and embodying the ‘character’ of their songs.
• Act as their advisor and help them with any problems they may have. i.e stage fright, writers block etc. • Help students prepare for show/auditions.
• Send students music articles, blogs, useful handouts etc, on a weekly basis as a reference point.
‘Vocalist/ featuring artist’
* Recorded track in professional studio environment.
* Sung main vocal on SchulKid’s track.
* Sung backing harmonies.
* Waiting for track to be approved by record label.
Teacher for 'Guitar Club’/ 'Disney Singing Stars'
St Peters Primary School (ActingWorks) October 2013- Present Day
•‘Guitar Club’- writing lyrics, decide on sequence of chords, strumming patterns, solo sections etc. Focus is on developing the overall musicality of the children and prepare them for an end of term show.
• ‘Disney Singing Stars’- creating covers of classic Disney songs from films such as Frozen, Lion King, Jungle book etc. The focus is to develop basic singing knowledge and to prepare them for a fancy dress performance at the end of term.
• Deal with a range of children of various characters- can effectively engage with them different ways and work on a level which encourages their learning.
• Attend weekly board meetings to discuss how sessions can be improved etc.
• Prepare lesson plans and have them reviewed/improved/changed with a team of teachers.
• Negotiate new ideas and ways of teaching- i.e. visual colour cards, audio tests etc.
• Prepare weekly homework tasks/hand outs to ensure kids are striving to better their skills.
Sep 2013- Present day
Kemptation Online Magazine
* Review EPs, singles, albums of upcoming artists on a weekly basis.
* Write in a range of styles to suit requirements.
* Liaise with co-founder of magazine on a weekly basis and keep to designated schedules/deadlines.
* Has been recently promoted and is now a ‘Live music Reviewer’ and will write reviews on gigs and interview upcoming artists.
‘Head of Marketing’
ATC Management/ Kwame Kwaten Media Consultancy
October 2011- October 2013
•Promoting unknown artists by arranging free gigs for university students.
•Conducted surveys on 100 students- (face to face interviews as well as online surveys).
•Liaised with several venue owners in Camden Town and scheduled meetings and viewings.
•Pitched market research findings to senior music executives/ musicians/ university event organisers.
•Created posters to attract students to the scheme.
•Designed our company business card.
•Constructed a PowerPoint presentation after each task was successfully completed with the results of my findings.
•Was a part of a serious meeting (involving the owner of ATC Management and Middlesex University’s event organiser) where the project was finalised.
•Assigned roles to volunteers at the event (i.e photographers, doormen etc.)
Voluntary assistant at music venue
•Set up venue before gigs begin (clear tables, light candles etc.)
•Clean up venue once gigs finish (collect glasses/bottles, clean floor and tables etc.)
•Welcome customers to shows and check the validity of their tickets.
•Sell merchandise of artists.
•Direct customers to appropriate seating.
Middlesex University Sep 2010- May 2013
BA English Literature and Media Studies
Grade: 2: 1
Camberwell College of Arts Sep 2009-May 2010
Art Foundation Grade: Pass
LASWAP Consortium Sep 2007-May 2009
A Level Art, Film Studies and English Literature.
AS Media Studies.
Haggerston Secondary School, London Sep 2002- May 2007
9 GCSEs – A* to C
Other Skills / Additional Information
As I have worked in teaching roles I am DBS Checked and have a First Aid Certificate.