last updated on 17/10/16
I am a responsible, creative and motivated team player. Competent in all aspects of administration, strong customer service skills and finance procedures. I pride myself in having excellent organisational skills, taking on challenging assignments and driving process improvements to benefit the orga… Read more
Finance Administration March 2015 - Present
• Management of all aspects of purchase ledger for both UK & US company.
• Invoice processing, matching to Purchase Orders, getting invoices without a PO approved for payment.
• Processing credit card and expense forms, month end credit card accruals.
• Monthly store reconciliations for UK stores.
• Daily bank reconciliations for UK, EUR & USD bank accounts.
• Month end tasks including Aged Creditors reporting, submitting EC Sales figures.
• Office administration, filing, post distribution.
• First point of contact for all supplier, customer & wider company finance queries.
• Creating weekly payment runs for both UK & US companies.
Sanctuary Group, Worcester Nov 2013 - February 2015
Finance Officer, Accounts Payable
• Account manager for all suppliers starting with ‘C’, approximately 100.
• Dealing with supplier queries on a daily basis.
• Making payments by BACS and cheque weekly.
• Ensuring payments are made on time and chasing up any outstanding invoices within the business to successful completion.
• Clearing aged debit and credit balances on the ledger for the implementation of OneSanctuary, a new accounting system built within the business.
• Periodic statement reconciliations, completing to a strict deadline.
• Raising issues and proactive in identifying system improvements.
Sanctuary Group, Worcester Feb 2013 – Nov 2013
Assistant Finance Officer, Income Team
• Post Housing Benefit payments, Supporting People payments and other cash receipts onto tenants account in Northgate system.
• Update tenant details on Northgate from Housing Benefit notifications sent from the Local Authorities.
• Set up new Housing Benefit claims.
• Responsible for training and supporting new staff.
• Administrative tasks, reporting and supporting team members as needed.
Books Books Books, Tenbury Wells Jan 2011 – Jan 2013
• Managed business accounts, weekly settlements, daily banking, and VAT return preparations.
• Managed all aspects of customer service for the business. The main point of contact for customers, authors and suppliers.
• Developed excellent customer relationships with a loyal and established customer base.
• Maintained appropriate inventory levels and controls.
• Created and managed a schedule of events that generated additional revenue streams.
• Supported the initial establishment and move of premises of the business under new ownership.
UPIA February 2009 - November 2009
U.P.I.A. composes music for film, television and advertising. I am a sales agent with UPIA. My duties include getting in touch with potential artists, managing the official Facebook page and several research projects.
Music Concierge November 2008 - November 2009
Music Concierge is music consultants providing customer-focused bespoke music solutions for brands, hotels, restaurants, TV & film. I have been interning with Music Concierge assisting with general admin duties and collecting publisher information on tracks and artists using the CatCo online database.
The State 51 Conspiracy December 2008
State 51 provides Digital Distribution, Ecommerce and Marketing for the Music Industry. I worked for a short time at State 51 as an online digital assistant. I assisted in the many different aspects and processes involved in digital distribution of music.
EMI Music Publishing October 2008
I worked for several days at EMI as an intern carrying out many duties including preparing promotional packs used for a music conference. I also got an insight into what the role of Sales and Licensing Executives do within a large label.
Six Degree Records, San Francisco USA April 2006
A week working as an intern at an independent record label. The tasks I was given included packing CD’s for promotional use, data entry with CD sales figures and assisting the planning of a show-case event for local artists signed to the label.
Arden News, Worcester Sept 2003- May 2008
(Intermittent during University)
• Responsible for the weekly order of stock, stock rotation/control and quarterly stock take.
• Daily duties included cash handling and cash balancing.
• Communicated inventory and financial reports to area manager and headquarters through regular reporting.
• Directly responsible for a small team of staff and shift scheduling.
Dean Park Farm, Tenbury Wells 2002- Present
Accounts Assistant for small business
• Quarterly Accounts Preparation.
• Purchase ledger and sales ledger.
AAT Level 3 & Level 4 Diploma in Accounting
September 2010 –July 2012
Southampton Solent University
Popular Music & Record Production BA (Hons) Second Class, Division One
2005 - 2008
• Global Music Industry – I studied copyright issues, downloads, the big four major record labels and I did a presentation on the history of EMI and the problems it faces in the era of downloads.
• Festival Culture – I studied the history of festivals and did a report on the current problems festival organizers face in running a safe and well organized festival without making the atmosphere sterile and an essay on the 1985 ‘Battle of the Beanfield’s’ fiasco.
• Individual Music Project – I wrote my dissertation on American punk music and politics during both Bush administrations.
• Studio Craft – I learned to operate a recording studio and recorded several bands, Eyes Wide Shut; a metal hardcore band and the Ramblings
• Commercial Production – Recorded solo artist Steve Roberts and produced an EP for him to hand out at gigs and send to record labels. I have assisted in booking Steve Roberts gigs at local clubs/bars and the local Access Festival. I have also encouraged him to perform at open mic nights about three times a week to increase his exposure.
• Video Production – I made a short film to a Royksopp song and reworked the video for Blur’s song ‘Park life’. I leant about camera and editing techniques.
• Marketing and Business - Studied copyright law and business development.
• British Media and Cultural Studies – I studied the development of popular music in the UK since the 1950’s.
• Ways of Listening – I learnt to analyze songs, picking apart a song section by section and breaking it down into graphs.
Kings School Worcester
2002 - 2004
A Level English Literature (Grade B); A Level History (Grade B); A Level Philosophy & Ethics (Grade D)
Other Skills / Additional Information
• Northgate system, IPOS system & Sun System within Sanctuary Group.
• Holder of a full, clean driving license.