About the job
Coordinate all logistics as they pertain to visiting soloists, conductors, cover conductors, composers, visiting orchestras and ensembles. Maintain professional relationships with guest artists, managers and vendors. Coordinate all activities related to artists as assigned to ensure conditions necessary for successful rehearsals and performances. Support Manager of Artist Services and Artistic Planning Manager as needed.
• As assigned, coordinate schedules for guest artists appearing with the Association, including our subscription concerts, recitals, and presentations at Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl.
• Coordinate all artist travel, flight, hotel, transportation and any additional arrangements including master classes, donor events, and CD signings as assigned by Manager of Artist Services.
• Assist with management of part-time driving staff including hiring, training, organizing schedule, assisting with on call emergencies and maintaining our vehicles as well as renting additional vehicles as needed. Participate in artist transportation by driving our vehicles as needed, ensuring safe and timely service.
• Attend to the needs of the Music Director, conductors, cover conductors, soloists and composers during rehearsals and performances including maintaining backstage and dressing room areas and fulfilling all hospitality requests.
• Establish and maintain relationships with hotels, limousine companies, car rental companies, and other vendors.
• Arrange for artists and visiting orchestras to receive contracted items (fees, expense checks, per diem, etc.).
• Coordinate all paid and complimentary ticket requests for artists, managers, and Artist Department guests.
• Be "on call" to assist guest artists with various requests/problems at any time.
• Participate in production meetings and collaborate with artistic and production staff. Liaise between artists and production staff to confirm piano selections, rehearsal times and spaces and on-stage artist needs. Hire rehearsal pianists and page turners as necessary.
• In coordination with Manager of Artist Services and Artistic Planning Manager, hire and supervise summer intern.
• Maintain detailed and up to date files on guest conductors and soloists.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors in related field desirable.
• Orchestra or artist management experience desirable.
• History of demonstrated reliability. Flexibility and mature presentation.
• Interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work with diverse personalities.
• Ability to deal discreetly with artists, staff, and sensitive information.
• Ability to deal effectively with a large amount of detail.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications.
• Availability to work nights and weekends and overtime as required for concert and rehearsal coverage.
• Fluency in additional languages besides English desirable.
• Valid California Drivers License and good driving record. Current DMV printout of driving record required.
• Musical background desirable.
How to apply:
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter AND SALARY HISTORY.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Association to provide all persons with equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran or marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.