José Luis Arriaga
Last updated on 10/29/15
Hello, My name is José Arriaga. I am an editor with 12 years experience. I believe I can contribute to your projects, I have worked both editing and assisting on short films and feature films, short and feature documentary films in addition to television and corporate productions. My edit… Read more
Credits and Employment History
José Luis Arriaga
Editor, "La Crisis De Hoy, El Chiste de Mañana" directed by Laura Llorens Ros. Short Film shot on Canon 5D. Adobe Premier CC. In progress. Madrid, Spain
Editor, 5 part documentary series on pre Colombian travel to the Americas and its influence by Arab and African navigation. Attached to Al Jazeera. Film shot on HD1080. Final Cut Pro. In progress
Co-Editor, “Son Jarocho” directed by Marco Villalobos. Documentary shot on HD1080. Final Cut Pro. In progress. Los Angeles, California.
Additional Editor/Post Production, “Huidas” directed by Mercedes Gaspar. Feature Film shot on HD1080p. Final Cut Pro. In progress. 2012. Madrid, Spain. 2013.
Producer/Post Production/Graphic/Composite, Noise Off Festival. Madrid, Spain. 2012
Videographer/Post Production, Viator.com. San Francisco, California. 2011-2012
Co-Editor, “Vielas Sonoras” directed by Nuno Magalhaes. Documentary shot on HD1080p. Final Cut Pro.2011-2012. Portugal.
Co-Editor, “Son Jarocho” directed by Marco Villalobos. Documentary shot on HD720p. Final Cut Pro. In progress. 2011-2013. Los Angeles, California.
Editor, 6 min. & 12 min. promos for Filme NET produced by Connect International. Lisboa, Portugal. 2011
Supervising Editor, Art Speak film projects in collaboration with the San Francisco Asian Art Museum’s Shanghai Exhibit. 2010
PRIOR TO 2009
Editor, "Iran Poem" directed by Hanul Bahm. Final Cut Pro.
ScissorBoy.com: Editor. Episode 1
Access SF TV/Streetside Stories: Editor
Iron Mountain Films: Editor. Various Projects, look under
• Under Commercials: 3rd, 4th thumbnail
• Under Spoken From The Heart: 5th, 7th thumbnail
• Under Corporate: 2nd thumbnail
Streetside Stories: Facilitator, Editor, Sound Editor, DVD Author.
Viajes Personales: Editor, Videographer and Facilitator.
Assistant Editor, assisted Robert Gordon, "Dreams Awake."
Co-Editor, "The Tracks," directed by Art Oberbeck.
Assistant Editor, assistant to Sharon Franklin, "Poetic License," directed by Mario Van Peebles.
Editor, "El Fandi," Promo directed by Stephen Higgins.
Assistant Editor, assistant to Sharon Franklin, "Quality of Life," directed by Ben Morgan.
Editor, "Pimpin Fruit" trailer, directed by Pepe Urquijo.
Assistant Editor, assistant to Sharon Franklin, "Night of Henna," directed by Hassan Zee.
Assistant Editor, assistant to Sharon Franklin, "Vanilla," directed by Joe Graham.
Editor, "Carl Holvick," directed by Josephine Sadat.
• Experience in Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Photoshop, and Compressor, working knowledge of Motion, After Effects and other Final Cut Studio applications. Daily experience in Word and Excel for organizational and management purposes of media
• Experience working with multiple formats; MiniDV, BetaSP, DigiBeta, DVD, VHS, including HD 720 & 1080 projects.
• Daily duties include: Machine room maintenance, including but not limited to working knowledge with BETASP DVCAM, DigiBETA, MIniDV, DVD, VHS decks & formats, patch bay configurations, troubleshooting edit systems, knowledge of Apple/Mac-based systems.
• Skills include the ability to problem solve and conceive creative solutions, work independently as well as within a creative team, excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
Apple Authorized Training FCP, After Effects Bay Area Video Coalition, San Francisco, CA
Bachelor of Arts, Cinema, San Francisco State University, 2001. Cinema major.
Fully Bilingual Spanish (written spoken)
Working knowledge Portuguese