Systems Administrator & Tier 3 Support
About the job
The System Administrator is responsible for assisting in the administration and support of the IT service management lifecycle for all enterprise systems, storage, networking, telephony, virtualization, and cloud services and will also provide additional assistance to the Technology Support and Applications teams as needed. Through collaboration and teamwork, this position will work side by side with other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other teams to effectively forecast, create, implement and manage existing and future initiatives, ensuring their successful completion and the best of breed service for ION's customers and users.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in system planning, design, implementation and management
• Evaluate new products, perform problem resolution and assists in the development of documentation of technical standards
• Participate in projects pertaining to technology, applications and support
• When needed, assist with onsite user and application support requests
• Monitor performance and perform system tuning and make recommendations for improvement
• Document escalated and reoccurring incidents and provide training as needed
• Participate in cross-training activities, including, but not limited to: Networking, Telephony, Virtualization and Storage
• Facilitate the sharing of knowledge across employees and teams to strengthen individual capabilities and the organization's ability to respond to client needs.
• 5 years of IT work experience in a corporate environment with enterprise technologies, such as, but not limited to DNS, SSL, IIS, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Lync, Citrix and System Center solutions.
• 5 year of IT work experience with desktop and server operating systems - Minimum of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003.
• Experience in an IT role performing system design, planning and implementation.
• Minimum of two (2) relevant technical certifications.
• Can operate with a high sense of urgency and understands the importance of customer satisfaction, customer relationships and customer perception.
• Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with users at a non-technical level.
• Resourceful & creative problem solving with use of excellent judgment.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-site environment with little to no supervision.
• Bachelor's Degree in technology relevant field or equivalent work experience.
• Networking (Router/Switch) experience a plus
• Firewall (Check Point) experience a plus
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP) a plus
• Microsoft Exchange a Plus
• Experience with enterprise storage solutions a plus