About the job
We are seeking an experienced Remote Cameraman-Editor for the News Bureau in Washington, DC. This seasoned professional must have the ability to shoot network-quality video, edit the material for news and provide production support.
If you have a good eye, want to tell your story through video and have a desire to impact your world, you don’t want to miss this opportunity! Join our team of news professionals where we produce and deliver network-quality news for our daily live TV show. This news/magazine program has the variety and pace of a morning show with in-depth investigative reporting by our News team.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Strong working knowledge of state-of-the-art HD video camera, lighting and audio production techniques and equipment operation.
• Ability to perform advanced remote production functions involving lighting, directing and audio recording.
• Extensive knowledge of “taped” and “live” television news remote production.
• Proficient in Final Cut Pro Editing System.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to interact in a professional manner.
• Ability to exercise sound news judgment when necessary and conduct interviews while shooting video in breaking news and other situations.
• Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to give directions clearly, as well as, take direction from others.
• Ability to travel extensively and work nights and weekends.
• Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time; ability to bend and lift up to 50lbs.
• HD switcher experience is desirable.
We are located in the heart of Washington, D.C. – perfect for someone who loves being where the action is! We offer a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary and full benefits package.
If you meet the listed qualifications, and are in agreement with our mission and purpose, please submit an application for consideration. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications. Please include a video portfolio by DVD or provide an internet link to the video file.