About the job
Field Photographer/Editor – Freelance
The TV News Photographer shoots and edits news stories in the field with a reporter. Shooting is done on new model digital cameras, and editing is Final Pro. Photographer will spend most days entirely in the field, shooting and editing at remote locations. Stories are uploaded either via the Internet or LiveU. Presenting live remote broadcasts, interviews and occasional news conferences via LiveU equipment are part of the job.
To qualify, candidates must have BA/BS, or equivalent work experience, as well as 2 years of experience as a news photographer using digital equipment. In addition, candidates will need at least 2 years’ experience editing with Final Cut Pro and strong understanding of the aesthetic values of news shooting and editing. Additional qualifications:
• Comprehensive understanding of editing file structures, broadcast measurements, and A/V formats;
• Experienced in use of LiveU equipment for live remotes and uploading of packaged stories;
• Excellent time and resource management skills;
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and independently;
• Experience in a digital newsgathering environment;
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills;
• Experience uploading video via the Internet.
Must have own vehicle with valid driver’s license and insurance. Candidates with experience in and knowledge of New Jersey news preferred.