Digital Vault Administrator
About the job
Manages and organizes file-based assets and utilizes in-house software tools. Works closely with Vault Operations, Technical Services and Digital Vault Engineering to manage ingest, delivery and transcoding workflows which move file assets into and out from the Digital Vault.
Works closely with Technical Services to perform Metadata Management, File Delivery and ingestion of file based assets for the network.
Responsible for lead role in vault operations creating and documenting procedures and all levels of reporting.
· Works closely with Production Systems Engineering to establish and audit system and directory service security.
· Adheres to Security policies established in the department and works closely with other team members to ensure that data files are maintained in a secure application environment.
2. Production Support
· Works closely with Vault Operations, Technical Services and Engineering to store, restore, deliver and manage files.
· Performs file push, restore, delivery, metadata editing, workflow monitoring and exception management Fox queue manager, Oracle workflow manager and other in-house tools on a daily basis.
· Provides user level feedback on in-house automation tools to the Digital Vault development team.
· Follows department standards and best practices and helps with the development of new and evolving practices and standards.
· Serves as an escalation point for operational issues between Technical Services and the Digital Vault process.
· Load tapes into tape library as required.
· Manages storage of ingest and delivery pipeline insuring enough space is available for daily business.
· Monitors and manages the Queue Manager, Workflow Monitor and Transcode queues to insure that all jobs are properly flowing.
· Works with engineering and administration support during the maintenance windows to insure that the system is up and operational.
· Routine monitoring of system status and health logging of irregular system behavior.
· Communicates status and issues to management on a regular basis, and escalates issues expediently.
· Adheres to department standards, policies, procedures and industry best practices.
4. Other Duties As Required
· Provides summary reports of the system behavior and activities.
· Assist Vault users with their digital asset needs.
· Document procedures for the use of digital assets.
· Knowledge of tape based archival is desired.
· Good knowledge of operating Systems such as Windows and Linux.
· Knowledge of industry vaulting practices.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload.
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, clients and other IT personnel.