- --members only--
- City, State:
- Fayetteville, AR
- not provided
- Job posted on:
- not provided
- not provided
About the Job
Purpose/reason for this Position:
We are looking for an Account Executive. The primary focus of the Account Executive is to generate growth for the Station in all potential arenas.
Core Job Functions:
• Responsible for the retention of current business and the development of new business as evidenced by the attainment of sales goals in two areas:
1. Total Revenue: defined as all revenue billed by salesperson
2. Emphasis Revenue: defined by Management as high priority revenue
• Responsible for special projects that generate new business.
• Accomplishes objectives by building strong relationships, thoroughly understanding the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients, and by finding ways to help them achieve their objectives through the effective use of electronic media advertising.
• Develops and successfully executes aggressive territory growth, overcomes obstacles, continuously improves client relationships, enhances profitability and increases revenue by fully leveraging the Station’s unique advantages.
• Contact local direct advertisers and local advertising agencies as a liaison between the station and the advertising community.
• Make sales presentations to all classifications of advertisers to obtain orders for advertising time and use of commercial production facilities.
• Co-ordinates internally the actual purchase of advertising time, placement of the schedule, and availability of production material.
• Assists in the collection of past due accounts.
• Performs sales duties on computer as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Ability to type, use computers, telephone and other business equipment. Command of the English language. Understanding of Broadcast Industry, Sales tools and terminology. Must possess a valid State Driver's License (or be able to get one).
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent work experience.
Dexterity to operate computer and other business equipment. Communications skills used in business setting to negotiate sales. Vision to enter, review and approve sales proposals and orders.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit resume, application and references for consideration. No phone calls, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer.