Production Design Instructor
- --members only--
- City, State:
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- not provided
- Job posted on:
- not provided
About the Job
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time position of Production Design Instructor in our Film Production program.
Reporting to the Head of Film Production, the Production Design Instructor has excellent communication and organizational skills, and solid interpersonal skills. S/he is able to effectively deliver the curriculum in a professional and engaging manner. S/he is proactive, applies critical thinking skills and has a problem solving approach to every aspect of the job. S/he is a team player and possesses a strong sense of commitment and responsibility to the organization as a whole.
• Ensure that curriculum is delivered in an effective manner;
• Maintain a professional relationship with currently enrolled students;
• Monitor students' performance and provide assistance and mentoring when required; including problem solving, and conflict resolution.
• Ensure that production design based activities are relevant to the curriculum and the industry.
• Delivery of lectures based on existing curriculum.
• Conduct regular course and program evaluations through staff discussions, student feedback and industry information.
• Participate in all aspects of the student evaluation process including marking, tracking, attendance and professionalism.
Maintain familiarity with:
• Current developments in technology relating to their specific discipline;
• Current industry practices, trends and production processes relating to their specific discipline;
• Industry at large including film related organizations, unions, guilds and key industry people
Skills, Experience and Education:
• Post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree (or equivalent) and/or 3 years industry experience or software certification where applicable.
• Proven experience with feature and/or long form television credits as a Production Designer and/or Art Director.
• Skilled with painting, drafting, rendering, graphics, material and resources.
• Knowledge of history, story interpretation and budgeting.
• Familiarity with Auto Cad & Sketchup.
• Ability to discuss importance of costuming in the look of the Film.
• Ability to successfully deliver curriculum in all aspects of production design for film, including traditional practices and digital programs.
• The successful candidate must have the ability to work effectively with faculty, students, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to lead workshops, lectures, and seminars
• Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.