Web Development Manager
- --members only--
- City, State:
- Van Nuys, CA
- Job posted on:
- to $110K
- not provided
About the Job
We're a leading consumer products company with some of the best known kids toy brands on the market!
We're adding a Web Development Manager to our team.
What you'll be doing:
• Responsible for web architecture, web and mobile development, project management, and management of developer resources.
• Align web architecture with marketing strategies and current industry best practices
• Demonstrate expertise and leadership in working with brand, design, development, and operations to architect innovative solutions that meet requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability
• Develop and document guidelines and best practices for development
• Develop and document standards for vendor development
• Work with hosting vendors to establish and maintain a highly available global infrastructure
• Develop and execute tactics that integrate social media API's
• Act as subject matter expert on relevant areas including best practices, competition, latest industry trends, technology opportunities and limitations
• Supervise internal developers and freelancers
• Work in concert with team to ensure vendor deliverables are met according to established standards
• Through effective project management, ensure deliverables are met according to established budget and schedule
What we're looking for:
• Ability to define processes and metrics to improve development operations
• Ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead development efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions on-time and on-budget
• Project Management with experience leading projects using Waterfall and SCRUM/AGILE methodologies
• Open Source Web Development experience using LAMP, Red Hat, Ubuntu, PHP, MySQL, and Subversion
• Flash game development experience
• Mobile development experience
• Social media API knowledge
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities
• Strong technical leadership and team management
• Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
• UML experience
• Unity development experience
• Web Development experience using Microsoft Windows based tools like Asp.Net, C#, SQL Server, Source Safe,
• Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter API integration and application development experience
• Video editing experience using Final Cut Pro or similar software
• Music editing experience using Sound Booth or similar software
Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in technology or computer science
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED/PREFERRED
At least seven years of web development experience with at least three years experience in a management role. Experience at a toy/entertainment/media company preferred
This is a staff-level, permanent position.
We offer a fun, creative working atmosphere, and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Local candidates only, thank you.