- --members only--
- City, State:
- Chantilly, VA
- Job posted on:
- not provided
- not provided
About the Job
Under the direction of the Supervising Producer, the Senior Producer is responsible for managing one of several production teams in all aspects of pre- and post-production of highly-produced, long-format multimedia video courses, with overall responsibility for the audio/visual representation of the content, delivered on-time and within budget.
Working collaboratively with the professor/talent, the Academic Content Supervisor, and a dedicated production team, the Senior Producer maximizes the learning experience by planning, designing, and selecting visual elements, and by making editing and production decisions that maximize viewer engagement.
Additionally, the Senior Producer performs project management tasks for course completion, such as planning and overseeing studio and/or field taping sessions, developing schedules and budgets, and ensuring that every last detail is in place (e.g., final audio, lecture titles, etc), prior to delivering a finished production to the Quality Assurance Department. Additionally, the Senior Producer will perform some senior-level supervisory duties and conduct performance appraisals for assigned direct reports.
Reports to: Supervising Producer
• Overall responsibility for production team’s execution & delivery of all aspects of pre- and post-production on-time and on-budget
• Establish from pre- to post-production a collaborative/authoring relationship with professor/talent with an emphasis on extracting and designing course content. (in partnership with Academic Content Supervisor and Intellectual Property/Associate Producer)
• In conjunction with the Academic Content team, review the professor’s script submissions and make production recommendations to enhance the content experience and boost engagement.
• Create a pre-production plan by interpreting professor outlines and scripts, with an emphasis on research, design, and selection of visual production elements for the course
• Prepare for studio and/or field taping, including selection of props and studio material selection and advising/coaching talent on performance
• During taping sessions, oversee the control room and studio process, including studio personnel (director, teleprompter op., camera ops.) to ensure presentation of content is accurate and maximizes engagement
• Make editorial decisions in post-production that enhance engagement and the viewer comprehension of the course material, which can often be intellectually complex and challenging
• In partnership with editors and graphic artists, design, edit, and proof graphic materials and on-screen text
• Provide Technology Services with appropriate information for archiving and long-term storage of completed projects
The ideal candidate for the Senior Producer position at The Teaching Company will have:
• Innate creativity and an ability to communicate complex creative ideas clearly and effectively to a dedicated production staff
• A command of all aspects of the HD video production process
• A minimum of 5 years producing for television or other fact-based video programming outlets.
• Advanced hands-on Final Cut Pro editing experience
• Ability to function as a strong leader within a highly collaborative environment
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced video production setting
• Excellent attention to detail while working with complex informational content
• Proven ability to work within a set schedule, and time & budgetary constraints, while not sacrificing the creativity and quality of the end product
• Strong project management skills; ability to guide a project through each phase to completion
• Working knowledge of Photoshop and ability to use both MAC and PC computer applications
• Bachelors degree, preferably in Communications (video production) or related area
We offer, in addition to a competitive salary, exceptional benefits including company-paid medical and dental coverage, matching retirement plan, annual bonus opportunity and four weeks annual paid time off.