- --members only--
- City, State:
- Culver City, CA
- not provided
- Job posted on:
- not provided
About the Job
The Production Scheduler will schedule translation and QC work as required for his/her assigned language group. The scheduler is also responsible for confirming and tracking all projects so that employees and contractors deliver work within the given deadlines. Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Scheduling all translation and QC work for his/her assigned language group
• Follow-up as necessary on all elements to ensure that files are ready for delivery as scheduled
• Maintaining employees and contractors’ schedules so that work is assigned efficiently with the available resources.
• Attending production meetings as required.
• Prioritizing work loads to meet production due dates.
• Adhere to full time schedule and overtime policies.
• Adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all in-house departments and contractors.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent computer skills (Office XP, Outlook, GTS and Filemaker a plus)
• Must be detail oriented
• Must be quick to adapt to shifting priorities
• Must be a team player as well as possess the ability to work independently
• Work well under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
• Help out with other duties in department as needed.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Must be able to work flexible hours if and when necessary
• Must have the ability to understand and work with people in other cultures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Detail oriented
• Strong time management skills
• Strong sense of teamwork
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet required deadlines.
• Empathy for different cultures