- --members only--
- City, State:
- San Francisco, CA
- Full Time
- Job posted on:
- not provided
- not provided
About the Job
The Production Manager reports to Director of Remote & Studio Operations and is the primary liaison for each assigned studio and/or mobile event production from vendors to university contacts to assigned production and engineering staff members. From developing detailed pre-estimate show costs to post estimated show costs, the Production Manager is responsible for monitoring and managing all costs, logistics and technical requirements associated with the production of each and every production event they are assigned.
• Budgeting, pre-estimating, controlling and post-estimating all ATL and BTL costs associated with the televising of over 750 Network remote productions
• The production liaisons between the Networks and their assigned the Operations team representative from each University
• Manage each assigned remote production operation and logistics including rentals and purchases of all production items, shipping, crew schedules and assignments, on site construction, mechanical lifts, platforms, announce position, catering, power, credentials, parking, transmission, etc.
• Track show related costs on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, prepare post programming analysis and cost reports
• Manage and supervise Production Coordinators
• Manage and supervise all remote Unit Managers for all on-site logistic, crew, technical and financial remote operations
• Full accountability of all costs associated with each and every Network’s television production
• Integrates and communicates on an ongoing basis with Coordinating Producers, Technical Managers, Travel Coordinators, Crew Schedulers and University Liaisons while ensuring that the highest quality production standards are met in the most efficient (cost) manner possible.
• Communicates and manages all information and Network policies and operation procedures to key on-site personnel through Unit Managers
• Work with Producers and Directors to assess and evaluate crews both before and after productions
• Manage remote Unit Managers assigned to each production
• Manage Production Coordinator assigned to each of your productions
• Supervise the processing of invoices and payroll resulting from Network’s event schedule. Review regularly with Program Controllers and the Director of Production Finance.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Remote Operations
• Minimum 4 years of experience in remote television production operations (preferably sports)
• Excellent management, organizational and communication skills are essential
• Some financial/accounting background preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications, television production or equivalent work experience
• Must be self-disciplined and self-motivated with strong capabilities and experience in multi-tasking and managing simultaneous, multi-event remote television productions
• Passionate about Sports
• Effective Interpersonal skills, good judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management and teams
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize under time constraints and work successfully in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working in a culturally diverse organization and supporting the values held by our unique employees, clients, sponsors, university faculty, and fans
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, IE, etc.
• Some travel required