- --members only--
- City, State:
- Chantilly, VA
- 8 - 12 weeks
- Job posted on:
- not provided
- not provided
About the Job
We are looking for creative Final Cut Pro Preditors for our Courses and for Promos! Working under the direction of a Senior Producer/Team Lead, the Preditor will primarily take studio-recorded material and "own" both producing and editing for final delivery. The Preditor will bring the content to life visually using a host of multimedia while collaborating with our in-house team of graphic artist/animators, intellectual property coordinators, and sound design engineers. Maintains the scope of work as determined by the Senior Producer. Ensures compelling user experiences. Responsible for delivering technical and content decisions of assigned productions based on Senior Producer's scope of work.
Candidates must be willing to work onsite in our Chantilly, VA office. Length of contracts varies based on project, but most are 8+ weeks.
• Manage all post-production to final delivery.
• Hands-on editing of recorded material using a producer's eye to enhance the content with supporting visuals.
• Work independently and in cooperation with the graphic artist, assistant editor, and associate producers assigned to the production.
• Meet exacting content requirements and delivery deadlines.
• Working with materials correctly portray both the information and the emotion of a project
• Working as part of a production team
• Staying on schedule
• Working directly with producers and graphic artists to assemble and create and manipulate visual elements
• Image manipulation and color correction of all assigned projects
• Be a good communicator and able to take direction well
• Maintain a close working relationship with their producer, graphic artist and technical engineer
• Be able to work in a fast-paced production team environment and be able to come up with creative solutions to challenges
The ideal candidate will have:
• A minimum of five (5) years of hands-on-experience as a video editor for a post house/television studio/or other video production
• Advanced Final Cut Pro editing experience
• Competent in Photoshop CS5
• Able to use both MAC and PC computer applications
• Knowledge of any of the following a plus: Motion, Aftereffects, Maya3D, and/or Adobe Illustrator.
• Experience in HD
PLEASE SUBMIT A LINK TO YOUR REEL IN ADDITION TO RESUME.