Jobtypes We Offer
- A&R was developed in the 50s when it was rare for artists to write their own material. In those days A&R was concerned with matching artists with songwriters. Nowadays A&R is responsible for scouting new talent, signing them to a label and then overseeing all aspects of the process that leads up to the delivery of all finished recordings. A&R is also concerned with the development of artists as they grow and mature.
The Artist & Repertoire (A&R) Director runs the department responsible for fi [more.....]
A&R Directors on Music Match A&R Director jobs
- A&R was developed when it was rare for artists to write their own material. In those days A&R was concerned with matching artists with songwriters. Nowadays A&R is responsible for scouting new talent, signing it to a label and then overseeing all aspects of the process that leads up to the delivery of all finished recordings. A&R is also concerned with the development of artists as they grow and mature.
A&R Managers are creative people with good business skills and a solid understanding of th [more.....]
A&R Managers on Music Match A&R Manager jobs
- A&R (Artist & Repertoire) was developed when it was rare for artists to write their own material. A&R in those days was concerned with matching artists with songwriters. Nowadays A&R is responsible for scouting new talent, signing it to a label and then overseeing all aspects of the process that leads up to the delivery of all finished recordings. As well as scouting and signing singers and musicians an A&R Scout will often manage the recording process and be concerned with the development of ar [more.....]
A&R Scouts on Music Match A&R Scout jobs
- An Accompanist is usually somebody who supports a singer, choir or an instrumentalist, by playing a musical accompaniment. There are many types of Accompanist. An Accompanist is often, but not always, a pianist. They may provide musical accompaniment to silent film, dance classes, choirs, or other musicians including ensembles, bands and individual musicians. A singing teacher who plays the piano for their pupil while they are singing is providing accompaniment just as a band or full orchestra d [more.....]
Accompanists on Music Match Accompanist jobs
- A portable hand-held reed instrument with bellows which are expanded and contracted by arm movements and which is played by means of a keyboard or buttons. Accordions fitted with pneumatics that play the keys and buttons automatically from behind are a popular feature of many Belgian dance organs. [more.....]
Accordion Players on Music Match Accordion Player jobs
- An Account Executive in the music industry may work in PR, Marketing or Sales. They are employed directly either by a music company, or by an agency specialising in the music or entertainment industry. They will usually be responsible for a specific client of the agency or company, or a specific brand or company product. In the music industry this may be a band or solo artist, or a record label. The Account Executive will often be responsible for a portfolio of clients or brands.
The work is [more.....]
Account Executives on Music Match Account Executive jobs
- An Account Manager in the music industry is more senior than an Account Executive. They will make more strategic business decisions. They may be responsible for managing a team of Account Executives.
Like Account Executives, an Account Manager may work in PR, Marketing or Sales. They are employed directly either by a music company, or by an agency specialising in the music or entertainment industry. They will usually be responsible for a specific client of the agency or company, or a specific [more.....]
Account Managers on Music Match Account Manager jobs
- A Qualified Accountant in the music industry is a chartered Accountant with financial expertise within a music industry organisation, record label or related music company. Professional qualifications in accountancy are essential for this role. An Accountant may be employed in different roles — as a management accountant, as a specialist account in a particular field or as an auditor. They will work on behalf of distributors, artists, writers, copyright societies and record companies.
Accountant (Qualified)s on Music Match Accountant (Qualified) jobs
- A Finance Assistant or Bookkeeper in the music industry will assist in the day to day work of accounting and business administration for bands, artists, management, independent labels and new media companies in the music and creative industry. They do not need a professional qualification in accountancy, but they may be working towards one. Starting out as a Finance Assistant in a music company can be a good route in to developing a wider role. It is often possible to gain excellent experience, [more.....]
Accounts / Finance Assistants on Music Match Accounts / Finance Assistant jobs
- Acting is a profession that requires unusual talent and years of training and study. It is a physically and intellectually demanding job and there is very little job security. However, most Actors report a great deal of satisfaction from their work. An Actor who is also a musician or singer will have a wider choice of roles, especially is a supporting capacity. Theatre, TV, film or radio productions often incorporate music and need an Actor with musical ability to fill the role.
It is possibl [more.....]
Actors on Music Match Actor jobs
- Working as an Administration Assistant in the music industry can either be a satisfying job in its own right, or an excellent way to start a career in media or music. An Administration Assistant role can be many things, depending on the size, nature and culture of the organisation. If you are looking for a varied role with the opportunity to become involved in a wider range of tasks you are more likely to find this in a small company, for example a small independent record label or music publish [more.....]
Administration Assistants on Music Match Administration Assistant jobs
- An Administrator in the music industry can take on different roles depending on the size and nature of the organisation they are working for. They may work for a record company, musician's agency, orchestra, or music college. Whatever the company, an Administrator is always a position which is essential to the efficient working and success of the organisation.
Administrator can be a very senior role and can involve managing staff and sometimes responsibilities for the probity of the company [more.....]
Administrators on Music Match Administrator jobs
- An Animateur helps audiences to appreciate musicians and music in new ways and helps them to enjoy music that they may not be familiar with. They also help the musicians as they develop techniques for reaching out to their communities and encourage as many people as possible to engage with music and music related activites.
A music Animateur may work on a freelance basis or they may be employed by an arts organisation, community organisation, educational organisation or by an established orch [more.....]
Animateurs on Music Match Animateur jobs
- An Arranger will rewrite of a piece of existing music with additional new material or flesh out an existing idea or sketch for a singer, a group of performers or other music ensembles. A successful Arranger will work collaboratively with the writer with the aim of bringing out what the writer was trying to convey when they wrote it. They may make changes in the style, arrangement, or instrumentation and will add finishing touches and do the creative mixing.
One of the most important skills o [more.....]
Arrangers on Music Match Arranger jobs
- An Artist Booker, or Booking Agent, works in the music industry to book performers for concerts, gigs and other live music performances. They often schedule performances and negotiate with the artists directly or with booking representatives or producers to arrange terms of contract, dates, and fees. They may also audition new talent. Artist Bookers or Booking Agents may either be employed in-house or work independently. They may specialise in independent bookings in a particular musical genre s [more.....]
Artist Bookers on Music Match Artist Booker jobs
- An Artist Manager works on behalf of groups or artists to promote the artists' careers and run their business affairs. Their job is to secure the best work for their clients, for the best fee. The job may include: negotiating contracts and fees, finding and booking events and venues that match the artist's career strategy, advising on career decisions, publicity and promotion, helping them on career decisions such as which record producer to work with, or which songs to perform, and managing med [more.....]
Artist Managers on Music Match Artist Manager jobs
- Assistant Directors, also known as 'ADs', are responsible for supporting directors during a shoot by organising and planning everything. A large scale production may use a team of Assistant Directors, sometimes up to three, each with different tasks. Many music videos will be produced on a low budget and either the director or Assistant Director will need to do all the planning and organising themselves.
Much of the work of an Assistant Director happens in preparation for the shoot, before it [more.....]
Assistant Director, Music Videos on Music Match Assistant Director, Music Video jobs
- Assistant Editor: Film, TV and Video
An Assistant Editor or Assistant Music Editor working in film, TV or video will be responsible for providing logistical assistance to the editor or editors. The responsibilities will vary depending on the size and budget of the production, what type of production it is and how it is being produced. There is often a blurring of roles, for example between a Music Editor and a music supervisor, and there is not necessarily a clear distinction between the task [more.....]
Assistant Editors on Music Match Assistant Editor jobs
- An Assistant Engineer will assist the recording engineer in operating the soundboard and other electrical equipment during the recording session, usually in the recording studio. They will assist in recording, editing, mixing and mastering sound using a range of specialised mechanical and digital equipment. While usually associated with music production, an Assistant Engineer may work in post-production for video and film, live sound, advertising, multimedia, and broadcasting. They are responsib [more.....]
Assistant Engineers on Music Match Assistant Engineer jobs
- Audio Programmers work in the digital games industry. They are responsible for the processing, storage and playback of sound effects and music in the game. They write the software tools and utilities to support the sound and music. It is a highly skilled job and Audio Programmers need a high level of technical knowledge and understanding of a wide range of computer programmes as well as a passion for the games. They will often work both for the game team directly and the software department. The [more.....]
Audio Programmers on Music Match Audio Programmer jobs
- A Backing Vocalist or Backing Singer is a singer who doesn't sing in the lead but sings in harmony with the lead vocalist, other Backing Vocalists, or alone for effect on the instrumentals rather than singing the lead. Some Backing Vocalists also work as session singers. Most Backing Vocalists work on a contract basis, but some may be contracted full time to an agency or production team.
Some Backing Singers may specialise in harmony. They are skilled in hearing harmony lines over and around [more.....]
Backing Vocalists on Music Match Backing Vocalist jobs
- A Backline Technician provides technical support for live performances. Each artist, orchestra or band is different and will have different needs, so the work can be varied. They will need to be comfortable with different types of equipment and different setups. Depending on the musicians and the type of event the Technician is working on they may be responsible for a range of road crew tasks or they may specialise in a particular area, such as percussion or strings. For a small scale performanc [more.....]
Backline Technicians on Music Match Backline Technician jobs
- A Booking Agent is responsible for booking live performances including concerts, gigs, tours and radio and TV performances for artists, bands, DJs, choirs, orchestras and other musical ensembles. They are responsible for developing the musicians' or artist's career with regard to their live performance. A Booking Agent, or Artist Booker, will work closely with the artists' management, promoter and record company. Sometimes, especially with new and emerging artists the manager will combine their [more.....]
Booking Agents on Music Match Booking Agent jobs
- Working in the music industry as a Box Office Assistant can be a good way of experiencing the excitement of live performance and playing an important role in keeping customers happy and things running smoothly. A Box Office Assistant needs to maintain high standards of customer service and remain positive, confident and outgoing whatever the demands. They are the first point of contact for visitors to the venue, and will be selling tickets for a wide range of events both over the phone and in pe [more.....]
Box Office Assistants on Music Match Box Office Assistant jobs
- A Box Office Manager is responsible for managing the box office and supervising the box office assistants and other staff. They have overall responsibility for making sure customers are well looked after and happy with the service. The job of Box Officer Manager is often part of the marketing department of the venue and the Box Office Manager may be responsible for maximising revenue from the sale of tickets. They may be expected to provide comprehensive database analysis and other information t [more.....]
Box Office Managers on Music Match Box Office Manager jobs
- The role of a Brand Manager or Product Manager working in the music industry is to help create and implement marketing campaigns to maximise the sales of music from a particular record label, artist, online music service, radio station or other music product. They will usually be employed by a large or well established record label or music company and are likely to be responsible for managing the campaigns for a specific artist or product or group of artists or products. For example a large rec [more.....]
Brand / Product Managers on Music Match Brand / Product Manager jobs
- The role of an Assistant Brand or Product Manager working in the music industry is to support the Brand Manager in carrying out marketing campaigns to maximise the sales or to promote a particular record label, artist, online music service, radio station or other music product. They will usually be employed by a large or well established record label or music company and are likely to assist in campaigns for a specific artist or product or group of artists. All sorts of events, products and arti [more.....]
Brand / Product Manager (Assistant)s on Music Match Brand / Product Manager (Assistant) jobs
- A Business Consultant or Analyst in the music industry will advise a company, artist, music ensemble or music organisation on the best strategy to develop their business, their profile or their organisation inline with what they want to achieve. The role is very varied and depends on the nature of the business and what their specific needs are. A Business Consultant or Analyst will research the existing market and emerging trends and use statistical data and analysis to make recommendations on w [more.....]
Business Consultants on Music Match Business Consultant jobs
- The role of a Business Development Assistant in the music industry is to support in the growth and development of the company, orchestra or other music ensemble, record company or community music organisation. Their job may be to support growing sales, raising funding and sponsorship or reaching more or different types of audience and clients. The role is very varied and depends on the nature of the business and what their specific needs are. Business Development Assistants may help with gatheri [more.....]
Business Development Assistants on Music Match Business Development Assistant jobs
- A Business Development Manager in the music industry will be employed by a music company, artist, music ensemble or music organisation to be responsible for carrying out strategy to develop their business, their profile or their organisation in line with what they want to acheive. The role is very varied and depends on the nature of the business and what their specific needs are. A Business Development Manager will manage the team of people responsible for researching the existing market and eme [more.....]
Business Development Managers on Music Match Business Development Manager jobs
- A Catalogue Assistant will be employed by a music publisher, record label, music archive or any company that has a music resource that needs to be made available and easily accessible to users and clients. They may help to set up the management systems for the catalogue, maintain the records and keep them up to date, and help in promoting and publicising the catalogue. The catalogue may be for the general public, specific sectors of the general public such as music academics and researchers, or [more.....]
Catalogue Assistants on Music Match Catalogue Assistant jobs
- A Catalogue Manager will be employed by a music publisher, record label, music archive or any company that has a music resource that needs to be made available and easily accessible to users and clients. They may devise, implement and maintain the management systems for the catalogue, and help in promote and publicise the catalogue. The catalogue may be for the general public, specific sectors of the general public such as music academics and researchers, or for the internal use of the company. [more.....]
Catalogue Managers on Music Match Catalogue Manager jobs
- Choreographers plan, create and realise dance or movement and teach the dancers or performers to perform the routines. Their work can include any sort of movement, such as classical ballet, fashion shows, ice dancing, street dance or any live music performance.
They may design their own dance or movement pieces or they may work with directors, producers and designers to realise the design concept.
Choreographers use a wide knowledge and experience of different dance techniques, including b [more.....]
Choreographers on Music Match Choreographer jobs
- A Club Manager or Nightclub Manager is responsible for the cost-effective and successful operation of the club. The character of clubs in the music industry is very varied. Some will offer live music most or all nights, while some may specialise in DJs. Whether the club is independent or owned by a chain it has its own identity and is likely to specialise in a particular type of music, such as dance, house, folk or rock.
A Club Manager's role involves a wide variety of tasks and a high level [more.....]
Club Managers on Music Match Club Manager jobs
- Community Music Workers collaborate with a wide variety of local groups, encouraging the use of music related activities to support their development and improve the quality of life of individuals from the local community. A Community Music Worker will often work in areas where there are social, cultural or environmental issues to be addressed. Many of the people they work with come from groups that are considered to be disadvantaged or vulnerable in some way, such as children from disadvantaged [more.....]
Community Music Workers on Music Match Community Music Worker jobs
- Music Composers create works of music that can be performed by orchestras, voices, groups of musicians and soloists. The compositions may be in any style, such as classical, rock, soul, rhythm and blues, opera, pop, jazz, funk, blues, big band, country or folk. As well as music for live performance Composers create music for film, radio, computer and hand held games and other media.
Composers create their compositions with rhythm, melody and texture in a variety of ways. Some Composers do not [more.....]
Composers on Music Match Composer jobs
- A Concert Assistant will usually be employed by an orchestra or other musical ensemble in the field of classical music. Their job is to ensure the smooth running of the rehearsal and concert, with particular responsibilities for the orchestra, soloists and conductor or other musicians. The Concert Assistant will make sure the requirements of the detailed rehearsal and concert schedule are met. These requirements are often set out by the conductor or concert manager.
A Concert Assistant may h [more.....]
Concert Assistants on Music Match Concert Assistant jobs
- A Concert Manager will usually be employed by an orchestra or other musical ensemble in the field of classical music, or by a concert venue. Their job is to ensure the smooth running of the rehearsal and concert, with particular responsibilities for the orchestra, soloists and conductor or other musicians. They will make decisions, with the conductor or director, about rehearsal and concert schedule and arrangements, and make sure those requirements are met.
The Concert Manager's task will [more.....]
Concert Managers on Music Match Concert Manager jobs
- Music Conductors help groups of instrumentalists and singers to interpret and perform pieces of music. They prepare musical scores for performance, and form clear ideas about how they should sound. They then lead a group of performers and help them to realise these ideas, making sure that performers understand their roles and play and sing well together, producing the right notes at the right speed.
Conductors work with a range of performers including amateur and professional orchestras and c [more.....]
Conductors on Music Match Conductor jobs
- In its simplest form it is the transfer of hand written manuscript to publisher quality printed music. The music is inputted/programmed through a combination of MIDI keyboard, mouse and KWERTY keyboard strokes. See the Sibelius web site for further details. They explain things rather well.
A Copyist copies musical scores onto stencils or manuscript paper for reproduction. Copyists' write or type, using a typewriter equipped with a musical-symbol keyboard, musical notations indicating instrum [more.....]
Copyists on Music Match Copyist jobs
- To be responsible for managing all brand communications through digital channels, setting up, selling and executing a vision, from delivering stand alone projects to integrated campaigns, developing brand presence, tracking online and delivering brand email. The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for delivering the digital brand objectives.
The key areas of responsibility for the Digital Marketing Manager include
Digital Managers on Music Match Digital Manager jobs
- DJs (disc jockeys) play recorded music for audiences on radio or at live venues.
There are three main types of DJ:
* work in clubs and bars, often supporting the work of a MC (master of ceremonies), who might rap or sing over the music
* play and mix records to encourage people to dance, or to keep an atmosphere, either in one style or a mixture of styles
* use additional equipment such as drum machines, synthesisers and sound processors to produce their own unique sounds
* e [more.....]
DJs on Music Match DJ jobs
- Music Editor in Film and TV
Music Editors help directors to achieve their musical ambitions on films, and provide a crucial link between the film and the composer. Film and TV Music Editors structure the soundtrack and make sure it complements and enhances the production. They are usually responsible for all the music featured on film soundtracks, which may include music which is performed as part of the production, all sourced music, and any original score which may have been composed specif [more.....]
Editors on Music Match Editor jobs
- An audio Engineer is someone with experience and training in the production and manipulation of sound through mechanical (analogue) or digital means. As a professional title, this person is sometimes designated as a sound Engineer or recording Engineer instead. A person with one of these titles is commonly listed in the credits of many commercial music recordings (as well as in other productions that include sound, such as movies).
Audio Engineers are generally familiar with the design, insta [more.....]
Engineers on Music Match Engineer jobs
- Lighting Technicians are responsible, both creatively and technically, for lighting interior and outside scenes for performances and for the lighting effects seen in theatres, music venues, and film and TV work. By arranging the equipment and adjusting the intensity of the light, they achieve a variety of effects to dramatically alter the mood and shape of the visual image in front of the audience. These range from basic stage lighting and spotlighting for a play or musical, to strobe, searchlig [more.....]
Lighting Technicians on Music Match Lighting Technician jobs
- A music coordinator works with the composer or songwriter to establish an accurate and realistic budget, and manage the music creation and recording processes to make sure the budget is maintained and followed.
While much of the work of a music coordinator involves working with budgets and numbers, music coordinators can also work with contractors to make sure the appropriate number and type of musicians are hired for a project, and can assist with musicians' union contracts and arrangements. [more.....]
Music Co-ordinators on Music Match Music Co-ordinator jobs
- Music Technologists are experts in producing music using technology. They need to be enthusiasts for electronic sound and experts in using the software and equipment. Many Music Technologists work from home and some work out of a studio, using equipment such as samplers, sequencers, synthesisers, MIDI, drum machines and computers. As well as working in the music industry they may work in film and TV or in the computer games industry.
For a career in electronic music production it is essential [more.....]
Music Technologists on Music Match Music Technologist jobs
- Classical Musician:
Classical Musicians perform, compose and/or conduct music. They might play an instrument or sing live or recorded classical music, do session work for backing tracks, adverts and films, conduct performances, or write music.
Some Musicians decide to extend their work in music education — for example, working with the education department of an orchestra or opera company. Others train as full-time school music teachers. Many Classical Musicians make a living by combining [more.....]
Musician (session)s on Music Match Musician (session) jobs
- As Orchestra Manager of City of London Sinfonia I was the orchestra's personnel manager - in orchestral parlance, the ‘fixer’. I booked the orchestral players for each concert, tour or recording and basically was responsible for ensuring that the right players were in the right place at the right time - and if a player fell ill, finding a replacement no matter how short the notice. I accompanied the orchestra to its engagements throughout the UK and overseas to look after all the practical a [more.....]
Orchestra Managers on Music Match Orchestra Manager jobs
- Recording industry Producers organise all aspects of recording music. Many operate in the traditional way of working with performers in a recording studio with the assistance of a sound engineer. Others use their own equipment to try out ideas but use a commercial recording studio for the final recording. With changes in technology an increasing number of people are becoming involved in producing their own music.
Some experienced sound engineers become recording industry Producers. Musicians [more.....]
Producers on Music Match Producer jobs
- To become a regular Presenter on a music station you must know your subject from top to bottom, you have to be articulate and you have to be easy to work with. A sense of humour, a sense of fun and yet a willingness to play within the rules are essential. The same goes for producers in music stations; you need the specialist knowledge and the skills to put it into practice, working alongside your Presenters. [more.....]
Radio Presenters on Music Match Radio Presenter jobs
- Roadies play an essential part in staging live music events such as pop concerts and festivals. Their job involves setting up the equipment that artists need for the show. The work may include:
* driving, loading and unloading vans, trailers and buses
* lifting and carrying equipment and sets
* erecting sets and lighting to suit the stage area at each venue
* rigging electrical equipment
* setting up and maintaining sound equipment, and checking sound levels
* tuning and maintaining instru [more.....]
Roadies on Music Match Roadie jobs
- Professional Singers or Vocalists perform live in front of an audience or make recordings for broadcast, CD or download. They interpret music by using their knowledge of voice production, melody, harmony, and rhythm. They might do session work for backing tracks, adverts and films. They may sing alone as a soloist, work with a group of musicians or sing with others in a choir. They may sing classical music, pop, ballads or in musical shows.
Singers may specialise in one of many fields such as [more.....]
Singer / Vocalists on Music Match Singer / Vocalist jobs
- Sound Designers are responsible for providing any required sounds to accompany a production. They may work in film or TV, theatre, video, or computer and hand held games. Most Sound Designers are experienced supervising sound editors who have managerial responsibilities. They manage the entire sound post production process, as well as creating the sound concept for the production. Sound design involves both creating the sounds for major events such as a battle or a shipwreck, and creating the am [more.....]
Sound Designers on Music Match Sound Designer jobs
- Sound Engineers (or Audio Engineers) often work in recording studios making high quality sound recordings, mainly for the music and entertainment industry. They need to be able to operate complex electronic equipment to reproduce music, dialogue, sound effects and other audio content to the highest quality. This may be for commercial music CDs or albums, radio, television and theatre, advertising or corporate presentations and promotions.
They operate sophisticated electronic equipment to re [more.....]
Sound Engineers on Music Match Sound Engineer jobs
- Music Industry Sound Mixer (Mixing Engineer)
A Sound Mixer, or Mixing Engineer may work with musicians, programmers and producers, or they may work alone or with an assistant to handle routing and equipment connections. There was a time when an engineer and producer would manage a project from inception to final mix, but now the record company may dispense with the services of the original producer and engineer when the multitrack stage of the process is complete and a rough mix has been deli [more.....]
Sound Mixers on Music Match Sound Mixer jobs
- A Studio Manager in the music industry makes sure that the studio is organised, in terms of bookings, equipment and administration. They are often involved in the business side of the operations and making sure that they keep existing clients satisfied and attract new business to the recording studio.
Very often recording Studio Managers will be experienced musicians or producers. They need to be in touch with what is happening in the music industry and all the changes that are taking place i [more.....]
Studio Managers on Music Match Studio Manager jobs
- There are two main types of work for music Teachers.
They can either be:
* a Classroom Teacher in a primary or secondary school
* a Private or Visiting Teacher giving instrumental, theory or voice tuition
Classroom music Teachers:
* teach all aspects of music
* work mainly with class-sized groups
* plan lessons
* set and mark work
* maintain pupil discipline
* organise and lead school choirs, orchestras and concerts
* use specialist computer programmes and recording equipment
Teacher - Instrumentals on Music Match Teacher - Instrumental jobs
- Sound Technicians set up, operate and maintain technical equipment to amplify, enhance, record, mix or reproduce sound. They work from studios or on location and at live events in a variety of venues.
In the music industry, experienced and well qualified Sound Technicians are an essential part of any live performance. As well as their technical knowledge and knowledge of the equipment it is important they have a good understanding of the specific requirements of the music being performed. Fo [more.....]
Technicians on Music Match Technician jobs
- Professional Singers or Vocalists perform in front of an audience or make recordings for broadcast, CD or download. They might do session work for backing tracks, adverts and films. They may sing alone as a soloist, work with a group of musicians or sing with others in a choir. They may sing classical music, pop, ballads or in musical shows
A solo artist may work with an orchestra, an accompanist or their own equipment, such as backing tracks or a musical instrument. Pop Singers may pay sessi [more.....]
Vocalists on Music Match Vocalist jobs