PRS Foundation, the UK’s leading funder of new music and talent development launches today The Writer Producer Fund in association with the BASCA Trust, a charity dedicated to music education and supporting songwriters and composers.
The Writer Producer Fund is a ground-breaking new opportunity for songwriters and writer-producers working in popular music genres to further develop their careers and writing/production credits with grants of up to £10,000.
PRS Foundation and the BASCA Trust have initiated this fund in response to the fact that songwriters and writer-producers have not benefited from dedicated grants or major funding programmes of this kind in spite of their role at the centre of the music industry creating the content which drives its success. This new fund recognises the importance of songwriters and writer-producers and aims to support the most talented songwriters and writer-producers to realise their potential.
PRS Foundation’s Writer Producer fund is open to UK based ‘behind the scenes’ songwriters and writer-producers that have had at least three commercially exploited works, whether performed live, received media coverage or radio play, or released via commercial channels. Applicants can apply for support for:
- Recording costs
- Costs relating to songwriter camps/ co-writes/ collaboration
- Musician fees
- Creative / professional development
- UK studio space rent
- Training / Skills courses
- Marketing and promotional costs related to songs/tracks reaching an audience
- International activity that could build your profile and benefit your creative development (other than international conference events which can be covered by the International Showcase Fund)
- Project related maternity or child care costs
Applications can be made http://www.prsformusicfoundation.com/funding/writer-producer-fund/.
Applicants will need to submit at least five of their works as examples.
The first deadline for applications to be submitted by is 19th June 2017 at 6pm.